generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Aleks's Pre-uni Work Thread

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

aleksjank

aleksjank

Earning our trust...

• 4 posts

Hello.
My name's Aleksandra and I'm about to finish my highschool education in Poland. I'm going to apply for BA Games Art course starting in 2015 but I have few doubts. I've already put together a portfolio, but I'm not sure it there's everything that sould be included. I would be forever grateful if you could give me your opinion on my pieces or some tips how the folio should look!

Thanks in advance! Cheers! :)

Link to the folio: http://issuu.com/ale...cs/folio_v._1.0

Edited by aleksjank, 10 December 2014 - 09:54 PM.

• Joshmjc likes this

LittleClaude

LittleClaude

Uber Poster

• 6419 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:LittleClaude

Hi and welcome :)

It all looks good to me but you need you to try some 3D, you can get a free Maya/3DMax licence from Autodesk for three years as a student. Or you could use Blender which also free. If you wish to study here it would be best to learn Maya, if you can afford it for a month or two then Lynda training is good enough to get the basics.

http://www.lynda.com...tegory=maya_255

Attached File  Capture1.JPG   69.07KB   0 downloads

Edited by LittleClaude, 10 December 2014 - 10:46 PM.

pixel

pixel

2nd year GA (lvl 5)

• 1190 posts

• Work Thread

Your fashion and traditional stuff looks really quite awesome, would be interesting to see how those skills transfer in zbrush and marvelous designer. Defiantly also give zbrush a try, it feels alot more traditional (similar in a way to clay sculpting).

LittleClaude

LittleClaude

Uber Poster

• 6419 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:LittleClaude

Good point, Sculptris is free and is well worth a try, its a chopped down version of Zbrush

http://pixologic.com/sculptris/

Edited by LittleClaude, 10 December 2014 - 10:48 PM.

chrispereira

chrispereira

Trusted Member

• 370 posts

I agree with the above, very strong traditional stuff in my opinion, especially love the perspective drawings, maybe you could try do more of the digital side of things such as photography, digital painting, Maya/Sculptris (Both free programs), and its good you've started to do some 3D exercises, will help you in the first semester. You could maybe do more colour exercises, they do look really nice :) Also, try posting on here if you ever need any help, I know I did loads of that before university, and all the lecturers and students help me become a much better artist before I started the course!

Edited by chrispereira, 11 December 2014 - 02:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk