generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Rock, paper, fin

Snowy Reece Richard Penguin

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

Snowy

Snowy

• 52 posts
L5 film with Snowy, Reece and Richard making the film 'Rock, Paper, Fin'. It is about a little penguin trying to get his fish back! There will work put up soon!!

Dumpduck

Dumpduck

Trusted Member

• 373 posts
The short description reminded me of Pingu :)

• denty likes this

Snowy

Snowy

• 52 posts
The building of the building!!!

Attached Files

arrow2555

arrow2555

• 25 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:arrow2555
Attached File  2 character turnarounds.jpg   160.33KB   52 downloads

Original loosly worked character concepts for the big penguins, after some crit from Martin I went anc changed the shapes of them as they were both too similar...

Attached File  FBP.jpg   163.41KB   59 downloads

Attached File  TBP.jpg   125.18KB   34 downloads

Rickitz

Rickitz

• 39 posts
how the big fat penguin is going so far, still working on how the eyes are going to turn out...

Attached Files

Popbot

Popbot

Uber Poster

• 2140 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Space Squid 3D
Seems late now but i wish you didn't go with penguins, they're so many in animation these days. Regardless your penguin still looks like a model of an everyday nature show penguin, with no personality. For the animators, you need to know how he's going to act and carry himself, otherwise he's not going to be interesting to watch

arrow2555

arrow2555

• 25 posts
Doing super quick lighting concept on one of the shots.. Im thinking the lighting is too harsh on the rock in the forground. the metal pole stands out too much in the background with the white highlights and the actual angle of the light looks dull (overhead lighting as it is in an enclosed space)

Attached File  lighting and enviro concept1.jpg   29.32KB   66 downloads

Edited by arrow2555, 19 February 2012 - 07:47 PM.

joshuacurtis

joshuacurtis

Alumni

• 614 posts
  • Company: The Mill
Light just looks really diffuse, there's no colour to the shot. Brown and Grey aren't that exciting to look at. Also I dont really know what I'm looking at a pole and a rock? Think of the camera angle and how to frame whatever is it im supposed to be looking at.

and +1 to what Nirvan said try and make it stylised

arrow2555

arrow2555

• 25 posts
An Attempt at dramatic lighting of the fight scene.

Attached File  lighting and enviro concept2.jpg   32.06KB   46 downloads

Josh - As i dont have the maya file with the animated previs i'll be reworking both of them from screenshots from the previs.

Younha

Younha

• 33 posts
probably too late now but i was researching some props for my own project and i think if you stylised your penguins, it would look much better.

SO CUTE!

Posted Image

Lost Artist

Lost Artist

Uber Poster

• 1365 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:LostArtist89
  • Company: Rocksteady LTD
all cool penguins wear brightly coloured scarf's :) just a thought...

Rickitz

Rickitz

• 39 posts
Yeah we were deffinatly going to give one of the big penguins a scarf! =) and maybe the other or both a hat or something.

Attached Files

Mwilde

Mwilde

• 587 posts

• Work Thread

• Company: MPC
Looking good but take off the reflection, it looks really weird

Moid

Moid

It was the night of the demon

• 14569 posts
  • Company: University of Hertfordshire
Add pupils? Also give the wing some shape? Penguin's wings are curved backwards to help them propel themselves through water. The beak looks like a generic beak that could belong to any bird, it doesn't say 'penguin' - go and look at some penguins. This design and model needs re thinking - it's not stylised enough to be a cartoon penguin, and it's not realistic enough to be a real penguin. It would be worth going back to paper first, fixing the design, then modelling it.

Reflection is definitely very weird... is it supposed to be faking the glossy reflection of penguin feathers? Would be better with a mia shader with glossy reflection. And it needs to be masked off so the feet and beak don't have it.

arrow2555

arrow2555

• 25 posts
Redoing the first lighting scene with characters, I feel on heinseight that the black and orange is too heavy and needs to be a lot more subtle.

Attached File  lighting and enviro concept1.jpg   364.37KB   59 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk