generic dapoxetine priligy
Welcome to 3DHIT, the forum for UHAnimation - Digital Animation 2D | 3D | VFX | Games Art at the University Of Hertfordshire.
If you are new to the forum please register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Tea-Rex, Level 5 3D Film

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

Bread

Bread

better than sliced.

• 124 posts

• Work Thread

Tea-Rex
by Jonathan Russ and Paul Healey

"The concept of the film is a tyrannosaurus rex as a waiter in a restaurant. As this is his last chance at his job being a waiter he must prove himself but things don't quite go to plan!
Let's just say he was short-handed."

This is our live-action film next to the pre-visualisation.

Thanks for watching and feedback is always appreciated! :)

Edited by Bread, 16 February 2012 - 01:50 AM.

denty

denty

TOM!

• 1210 posts
  • Company: Wilma
I think this story done before at the uni by one of the previous 2d students or one very similar

Edited by denty, 16 February 2012 - 01:54 AM.

DRS

DRS

The Puppeteer

• 64 posts

• Work Thread

Here are some concept I have done of the two characters and some of the restaurant for our film.

The Boss: Attached File  Boss_001-2.jpg   88.83KB   47 downloads

First Idea Concept Of The Customer With Jon: Attached File  Customer_001-2.jpg   51.79KB   59 downloads

Final Concept Of The Customer: Attached File  Customer_002-2.jpg   83.12KB   57 downloads

Basic Visual Of The Two Main Walls: Attached File  Two_Main_Walls_2.jpg   100.77KB   48 downloads

Detailed Window Concept, With Wall Candle Side Concept and Room Structure: Attached File  Window_001-2.jpg   72.89KB   32 downloads

denty

denty

TOM!

• 1210 posts

it probably worth looking at this

Bread

Bread

better than sliced.

• 124 posts

• Work Thread

I think this story done before at the uni by one of the previous 2d students or one very similar

Yeah we only found out about it when we got our contract but that one clearly has the dinosaur in the opposite role (as the customer) so I don't see much more resemblance past that...

Here's the first renders of the characters so far (still very WIP but the style is prettymuch there)Attached File  tearexcharacters.jpg   298.45KB   55 downloads

Edited by Bread, 16 February 2012 - 02:17 AM.

AlexSpeed

AlexSpeed

Spood

• 572 posts
  • Wii Number:N/A
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:N/A
  • Company: N/A
who cares tom, not like someone hasn't done something similar to someones else idea before, Keep at it guys :) looks promising

Edited by AlexSpeed, 16 February 2012 - 02:50 AM.

denty

denty

TOM!

• 1210 posts

who cares tom, not like someone hasn't done something similar to someones else idea before, Keep at it guys :) looks promising

Well might be handy for them to look how other people done things and borrow jokes out of theres

Edited by denty, 16 February 2012 - 03:03 AM.

Bread

Bread

better than sliced.

• 124 posts

• Work Thread

Well might be handy for them to look how other people done things and borrow jokes out of theres

Why do you think we copied this film when I have never even seen this film before you just posted it...

and how have we copied jokes anyway??

Edited by Bread, 16 February 2012 - 11:50 AM.

Baxtera

Baxtera

Hidden 3rd Year Guy

• 215 posts
<p style="text-align: center">Love the acting there, made me chuckle.</p>
<p style="text-align: center">The story seems good, though will be interesting to see how much can be achieved.</p>

DMilligan

DMilligan

• 670 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:Yodaflame
  • Company: Student

Pretty sure he never accused you at any stage of copying the film or the jokes, you might wanna calm down Bread.
  • denty likes this

denty

denty

TOM!

• 1210 posts

Why do you think we copied this film when I have never even seen this film before you just posted it...

and how have we copied jokes anyway??

All im say is why not watch there film see how they did it because it probably help you're with editing, story etc....

Patient_Zero

Patient_Zero

Oft Forgotten Alumni

• 407 posts
  • Xbox 360 Gamer Tag:palmaay37
  • Company: Freelance
I'd say you definitely need to change the title, as it is very similar to the point of infringement, and the student who worked on the other film might take offense.

Me, I made the other film in my 2nd year, and yeah, they are very similar, but hey, no idea is completely original, but this is 2 very similar films with almost identical titles coming from the same Uni 2 years apart, and sometimes, whether intended or not, similarity can sometimes be seen as copying.

Just a thought. But hey, if you could change the title, that'd be grand :)

Sam.

DRS

DRS

The Puppeteer

• 64 posts

• Work Thread

It's cool Tom I got what you mean and we will take it into account.
I don't know about borrowing jokes as we have covered the 3 stages thing for the story.
Fair point Sam 'no idea is completely original', they both have similar pieces but its all about the final result to show what you can do. The name 'Tea-Rex' is just a working title, which was suggested by Jeremy so it's never really been concrete. We got other ideas, once we start making the title sequence we will decide on something properly.

Now to move back on to the work, before the women start swinging their handbags around. Lol
  • Bread likes this

Bread

Bread

better than sliced.

• 124 posts

• Work Thread

Pretty sure he never accused you at any stage of copying the film or the jokes, you might wanna calm down Bread.

Sorry, I read Tom's message quickly (plus I'd only just woken up) and missed the intentions... probably because I don't understand why you'd suggest copying someone else's jokes/ideas :p

Just a thought. But hey, if you could change the title, that'd be grand :)

heh no problem we original had the name 'T-waiter' which was subsequently changed to 'Tea-Rex' by Jeremy when he saw it for the first time but a new name is always on the cards. We're open to suggestions naturally :)

Me, I made the other film in my 2nd year, and yeah, they are very similar, but hey, no idea is completely original, but this is 2 very similar films with almost identical titles coming from the same Uni 2 years apart, and sometimes, whether intended or not, similarity can sometimes be seen as copying.

Yeah I still don't understand how in the world I managed to come up with an idea so close to yours when I had never even heard or seen it before. I guess an original idea truly is not always original.

Considering this film is based in a restaurant with the t-rex as a waiter (which is the principal idea for the story afterall) what do you reckon would be required to move this film further from yours? I think we'll have a go at changing the t-rex colour :)

Kiyam

Kiyam

Need more practice

• 426 posts
Good topology on the characters, would like to see them textured

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

buy antibiotics online uk