I guess it's about time I showed some of what I've been working on up here. Here are some 3d matte paintings I've been working on. They're all work in progress so I'll be iterating as time allows.
- An adaptation of the final result of Andrew Kramer's brilliant After Effects "3D Set Extensions" tutorial. I decided to use Nuke instead as I wanted to test out the new particle system in version 6.3.
- Since it's a tutorial adaptation I'm not sure if it'll make it into the reel. Anyone know of any good HD stock footage resources apart from artbeats?
Matte Painting Interior:
- Projected Matte Painting Interior Created with Photoshop, Maya and Nuke. Credits so far include:
- soup-dev's shatter, scatter and attributeTransfer nodes for controlled destruction
- Mario Maruska's exponentialGlow and chromaticAberration Nuke Gizmos
- cgTextures.com and flickr's Creative Commons textures
- A building situated in a peaceful forest vista. Nuke, Photoshop and Maya.
- Credits for the building model go to 3dmodelfree.com. It's meant to be a placeholder.
And lastly, I might as well throw up my ghastly showreel submission in an attempt to explain where my time has been going. I learned a hell of a lot over the last few months but I'm not sure it really shows. Elements of the Procedural Sun (00:40) and Blendshape deformation (00:43) will make it into my 3rd year film.
Edited by plasmax, 02 January 2012 - 06:13 AM.