So, thought I would get the ball rolling after not posting over the summer. You know how it is, this is my work thread where I post work etc... I had a busy and intensive summer working at Rewind, and it was one of the best experiences I have had. I have a great appreciation for all the Artists, Developers and Producers there for not only being so helpful and teaching me a lot but also for how talented they are and I respect that they are the best at what they do. 10/10 would intern again.
So work, might as well get on with that:
So I have spent most of today and yesterday doing some clean up on the UH creature plate, I decided I want to practice compositing techniques and go beyond what Mark wanted us to do in lecture.
I decided to remove this plant from the plate using the projection clean up Mark taught us in Moving Image last year, but this time I am keying the merge between multiple projections to stop the clean up from sliding. Here is the plant I want to remove.
So here is the clean frame I am projecting from, my aim is to have the plant removed saving me from rotoing it out when the creature lands on the wall. I took a break on the roto to experiment a bit.
Here is how I did it, if there are any compositors that catch anything out please give me a shout, would love to know a more efficient method with projected clean up. Mark mentioned something to me today that I will try out on a later date, Ill keep the thread updated.
So I started with multiple frames I cleaned up in Photoshop I then rotod the area I wanted to change, in this case it was the plant. I blurred the edges of the alpha and unpremulted it just to keep the pixels in the aliasing and also to give it a softer silhouette.
I then projected the cleanup onto a card with the aligned alembic cache, making sure it was as accurate as possible and then with a scanline renderer I visualized that in the 2D viewer and merged that onto the plate. I then keyed the mix of the merge between each cleanup to make sure they would blend between them. and this is the result. obviously it isn't perfect because I am unsure if this is the best process and this is the first time I have attempted this. So please crit away:
Still a work in progress for sure, I need to finish off the roto, that/s a post for another day. Oh and heres the head for the Lidar Lady project with my main man Lewis G:
Gonna update on more soon, peace out
Edited by EIdriss, 20 November 2016 - 06:38 PM.